LAST DAY ~ FINISHED!

Today was my last day - I can't believe my eight weeks have come to an end!!


Bye Bye cells!!!
This morning I split my cells for the last time and they'll be handed over to Connie for future experiments.  In the afternoon I attended the MCSH meeting.  The talk today was about the role of RhoJ and the GIT-PIX complex in angiogenisis, which was very interesting! 

Some important lessons I'll be taking with me:
1) Always keep your trusty Sharpie pen with you (pens always go missing/ into hiding and you'll never find them again!)
2) Remember to open lids of bottles before putting the pipette tips/ stripettes on!
3) Ask questions - everyone in the lab has been so friendly, helpful and supportive and I've learned a lot from them all.
4) Don't give up on microscopes! - it might take more than 15 minutes to focus and find your cells but you'll get there! (thank you to Connie for being so patient and sitting with me for 5 hours in the dark 😂).


Left to Right: Jemma, Ally, Connie, Me, Neale, Mike
I have thoroughly enjoyed working in Dr Tomlinson’s lab these past eight weeks.  I have learned how to plan my own experiments and developed several new lab skills, which will be useful in my future career and I feel more confident to tackle my final year project.  It has been an enjoyable and rewarding experience. Thanks to Connie and Ally for their daily support and help.  I would like to extend my thanks to the Biosciences 8th floor team, who have been so friendly and have given me great advice on future careers and PhD's.  I am grateful to Dr Tomlinson for offering me this opportunity and also to the Biochemical Society for funding my placement. 





Comments